Little Kale “Raviolis” Stuffed with a Blend of Roasted Cauliflower, Roasted Eggplant, Olive Oil and a Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese, Baked to Perfection.
I love being a bit “innovative” with my vegetables. And when trying to think of a way to recreate ravioli, I got the idea of using kale leaves. And, surprisingly, it turned out really well! Kale leaves are easy to fold, so this made it simple for stuffing. They also didn’t take long to bake as well, which is another perk. The most time-consuming part of this recipe is roasting your cauliflower and eggplant. However, I can assure you it’s totally worth the final result. Soft, creamy, and flavorful, these little kale “raviolis” would make the perfect addition to any meal or even served on their own. I am already looking forward to making more soon! I’d like to thank Taproot Farm for the delicious organic eggplant and kale used in this recipe. I hope you all enjoy this unique vegetable recipe as much as I have – enjoy! 🙂
Makes Around 4 Servings (*As a Meal)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Oven, Preheated to 400°F
Oven Safe Baking Dish
Liquid Measuring Cup
Dry Measuring Cups
3 and 1/2 Cups Peeled & Roughly Diced Eggplant
2 and 1/2 Cups Roughly Diced Cauliflower
1 and 1/3 Cup Vegetable Broth
1/2 Cup Whole Milk
1 Container Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese (I bought mine from Melanie’s Medleys)
1 Large Bunch Kale (*May Need Two if Using Smaller Bunches), Removing Large Stems (Small stems are ok because they’ll soften)
Optional for Topping: Shredded cheese (I used Asiago), a sauce of choice (I used a butternut squash sauce) and fresh basil
- First, preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place diced eggplant, diced cauliflower, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a few dashes of salt and pepper into an oven safe baking dish, mixing to combine everything.
- Roast this in the oven for a total of 40 minutes (*tossing everything at the 20 minute mark to ensure even roasting).
- After vegetables are done roasting, allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then, transfer them to a blender. Add in vegetable broth, whole milk, and 4 tablespoons of the garlic and herb cream cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Next, brush your baking dish lightly with a teaspoon or two of olive oil.
- Take your destemmed leaves from a large bunch of kale and tear them into pieces about the size of your hand (*some already may be this size or smaller then this, it’s just a rough estimate depending on the type of kale you use).
- Smear a thin layer of garlic and herb cream cheese on the inside of the leaf, spoon in a dollop of the roasted vegetable mixture, roll like a burrito and place seam down in the pan.
- Repeat this until either the kale or filling runs out. You can pile them on top of one another in the dish.
- Brush the top layer of kale raviolis with a teaspoon of olive oil and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- After baking, sprinkle kale ravioli with cheese of choice and drizzle with sauce of choice (*the ravioli will be really warm, so the cheese will melt and a little bit of sauce will warm as well).
- Enjoy! 🙂