Below you’ll find answers to our most common questions, to help make your CSA experience the best it can be. Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Contact us!
What is the best way to contact Taproot Farm about my share?
It’s best to contact us at email@example.com or at (610) 926-1134. However, we give our cell phone number out to all registered members so they can contact us on the day of their pick up, if necessary.
Ho do I pay for my CSA Farm Share?
Payment is due at the time of registration. We offer few options:
- You can pay in full at the time of registration.
- You can pay $100 at the time of registration. (This will reserve your share.) Your payment is then due in full in 6 weeks
- Specialized payment plans. We offer specially catered payment plans to best fit your needs. Usually payments are worked into 3 or 4 installments. These plans are available upon request. There is no additional charge for these payment plans.
*Winter Share payments are due at the time of registration.
Payments can be made by check (payable to Taproot Farm) or through PayPal.
Can I pay for my share at my pick up location?
No. Our host locations are not staffed by Taproot Farm employees and cannot accept payment. We encourage all shares to be paid in full before the CSA begins. However, if at any time over the course of the season you need to make a payment, please do so by mailing a check through the mail or through PayPal.
If I decide the CSA is not for me? Can I get a refund?
No. We offer no refunds on payments towards your CSA Farm Share. If you are interested in this share, but aren’t sure if the CSA style is right for you, give us a call. We’ll be happy to talk through the CSA experience with you to make sure it’s a good fit for your household. We understand that CSA Shares aren’t for everyone. We’d be happy to help guide you to other wonderful ways of eating fresh, local & organic food.
What if I will be away on vacation?
No problem! We understand that the CSA season is also vacation season! * Members can schedule a vacation hold online, then double up on another week to make up for the missed share.
*We do not offer vacation holds or doubled up shares for our Winter CSA Season
All vacation holds and made up shares for the spring and summer season must be requested 1 week in advance.
Holds and doubles includes any of the shares you are registered for (i.e., veggies, eggs, cheese, etc.)
There is no limit to the number of vacation holds, however we encourage no more than 2 vacation holds per member.
Members are able to go into their own account online, and schedule their vacation hold and their make up share.
Can I switch my location?
Yes. Members can always switch their location, no problem. If you need a temporary location switch, we ask that you please do so with a 1 week notice. Members can go right into their own account online and schedule their location switch.
If you need a complete switch at any point in the season from one location to another, that is also no problem. Please contact the farm to make a complete location switch.
Can I change my Share Types?
Yes and no. If you would like to add on any of our additional shares at any point after the season has begun, you may do so as long as we have them available. Some of these shares, however, do tend to sell out.
If you would like to change your Vegetable Share Size, you may do so as well. We do not offer a refund if you downgrade your share size. If you are uncertain about the best share size for your household, we encourage members to purchase smaller shares to start. If, as the season progresses, you find yourself wanting a larger share, you are more than welcome to upgrade at any time and we will prorate the balance.
What if I’m running late, or am unexpectedly unable to pick up my share, or what if I forget that it’s CSA day?
Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee any CSA share past the allotted time of your pick up, even 5 minutes past. We will, however, do everything we can to try & save that share for you! Please call our cell phone number as soon as you suspect you’ll be late or miss your pick up.
How will I know what will be in my share each week?
At the beginning of each CSA week, we email the list of veggies along with descriptions and cooking tips. This helps our members plan their menus and additional shopping accordinly. However, we ask members to please keep in mind that this is a pre-harvest list. The harvest plan sometimes changes in the fields and so too can the share contents We do not send out a post-harvest list with changes unless the changes are significant.
Do you guarantee certain vegetables for the Farm Share?
No. Because of the nature of farming, we do not guarantee any crop. What we do guarantee is diversity, honesty, and integrity & quality. We never compromise our growing practices, and we will do everything in our farming power to bring you the seasonal favorites!
What if I have no idea what to do with the veggies in my share?
We’re here for you! Part of the whole CSA experience is learning how to eat locally and seasonally. This means trying new foods as they come into season. We offer a few ways to help:
- Recipes Every week we create an original recipe specially catered to your share. We try to include simple ingredients, making the recipe one that our CSA members can easily cook at home. These recipes are also posted on our Recipes Page, so members can use them whenever they like!
- Cooking tips We share general cooking tips for each kind of vegetable offered in our share. This way, members can gain basic cooking knowledge without needing to stick to a given recipe.
- Storage tips Taproot produce is harvested just days before you receive your share. It is the freshest produce available, and if stored correctly in your home, even your salad greens can last surprisingly long! We offer our members storage tips to ensure premium quality.
- We encourage communication! Never hesitate to send an email or pick up the phone and call if you have any questions about a vegetable and how to use it. Food…it’s what we do!
Can I send a friend to pick up my share?
Sure! You don’t need to contact us about this. Please just be sure to pass along our cell phone number to your friend, and please be sure to give them all if the information they need for a smooth pick up.
Can I request more or less of an item?
No, sorry. We can not customize boxes at this time.